This is all because of Dave Eaves. So blame him.
1. I don’t do memes. I’m not quite sure why, but there’s something about them that rankles me. (Turns out I have an inner curmudgeon.) But the urge to self-disclose has always been irresistible to me. So, dammit, here I go.
2. The urge to self-disclose has always – …damn.
2. I can’t shake the childhood belief that wind-up toy animals are actually alive. Same with chocolate Easter bunnies. They fill me with sadness and regret.
3. I believed I was allergic to canned milkshakes until I was 26 years old. That was when my mom finally came clean and admitted she’d told me that when I was four, to get me to stop pestering her for one.
4. I was in the Canadian Forces for four years. Ottawa Militia District Field Medical Platoon. Every once in a while I dream I’m back in there, and that I’ve lost my beret. Make of that what you will.
5. I can play two songs on the piano: Brothers in Arms and Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow.
6. I can dislocate my own shoulder and pop it back into place painlessly. It’s a skill I picked up in my pre-teen years. Apparently it’s not that good for me, and we’ve yet to find a practical application of this particular mutant superpower.
7. I remembered the theme to “UFO” for more than 20 years between the last time I heard it on TV and the first time I found it on the Internet. And then I turned it into a ringtone for my phone… which, every once in a while, causes someone’s head to whip around and makes them shout “Hey, is that ‘UFO’?!”, instantly outing themselves as a fellow geek.
Now, the way the game is played, I’m now supposed to tag seven other people. What I really want to do is tag the same person seven times, so they have to cough up 49 things. But that’s apparently not allowed.
Therefore, here are the rules:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post. (see above)
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post. (see below)
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs. (see below)
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
And the seven people to whom I owe a deep apology for tagging them: you, you, you, you, you, you and especially you. (Feel left out of the whole meme thing? I just tagged you.)