Our good friends (and clients) at Vancity are running a contest on ChangeEverything.ca. The $500 first prize is great, but the cool thing about it as far as I’m concerned is, it’s the ideal way for a beginner to dip their toes into the blogging waters.
Here’s how the Viva la resolution! contest works in five easy steps:
- You sign up on the site. (It’s free, and no salesperson will call.)
- You decide on a resolution â€“ something you want to change in 2007 about yourself, your community or your world.
- You blog on the site about your progress in making that change and include the tag (i.e. keyword) “resolution”.
- A panel of judges checks out your resolution and blog posts, and picks out the top three resolutions.
- If yours is one of them, you walk away with a $50, $100 or $500 Visa gift card.
So why’s it ideal for a beginning blogger? Here are five handy reasons:
- ChangeEverything.ca is a friendly community. Your chances of getting helpful, supportive comments are excellent.
- It takes just seconds to set up a blog, and you have an instant built-in readership: the hundreds of other members of ChangeEverything.ca, and the thousands of visitors to the site.
- Site moderator Kate Dugas is happy to help you if you run into a roadblock.
- If you made New Year’s resolutions, you have built-in fodder for writing blog posts.
- A $500 Visa gift card would be a pretty good reward for a first outing.
So if you know someone who’s been itching to start blogging, this could be the ticket. (And feel free to download the poster [PDF, 250kb] for the contest if you want to spread the word.)