Originally posted to ReadWriteWeb
Brand extension: a marketing strategy in which a firm marketing a product with a well-developed image uses the same brand name in a different product category. — Wikipedia
The greatest movie of all time, Demolition Man, taught us that in the future every restaurant will be Taco Bell.
What they missed was that everything else will be Angry Birds. Here’s the tally to date, as far as I can tell:
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Seasons
- Angry Birds Rio
- Angry Birds Magic (exclusive to Symbian)
- Angry Birds plush toys
- Angry Birds, the board game
- Angry Birds, the animated shorts
- Angry Birds, the movie (in development)
- Angry Birds onesie and other baby gear
- Angry Birds in various ads
- Angry Birds, the cookbook
Am I missing any? And what’s your suggestion for the next frontier for Angry Birds to conquer?